Sunday 1 March 2015

Brighton Etsy Blog Hop Post

I have been nominated by the lovely Elizabeth Anne Norris to take part in the Brighton Etsy Team blog hop.

4 questions asked and answered and then I will nominate someone else. Happy reading.

What inspired you to start your business or Etsy shop?

I decided I wanted to start an Etsy shop after I fell in love with sewing a few years ago, I then fell pregnant with my son and started to make blankets , bibs and hats . I thought of how nice it is not to have everything mass produced and decided that I would sell baby items. Here are a few of the first things I started to make.



We’re looking at goals in the Brighton Etsy Team this month (you can follow along with #btnetsygoals!) Can you share one of your goals for your shop for the next six months?

My goals of the next six months , are to develop some new products more for toddlers to expand my range from just babywares. I hope to try and make some fun thing, games / toys.... watch this space.


What are you working on at the moment?

At the moment I have been working on some new onsies , with interchangeable bow ties. I did a craft fair recently and got some good feedback . I may do some adjustments and more options . Take a look at this was at The Open Market,London Rd.



If you could give other sellers or someone looking to start their own design/craft business one piece of advice, what would you say?

If I could give anyone any advice , I would say be as involved with teams and events as you can, everyone is so friendly and willing to help and give advice. Also keep at social media , an hour a day really does make a difference to your shop. Also craft fairs are really useful for getting a good sense of what people like and ideas for new products.

Well I hope this has perhaps given an insite to Mrs Loveday. I nominate Cats Ceramics . Good luck .

Thanks for reading

Mrs Loveday


3 comments:

  1. As a mum of 3 I think you're going to do really well with your products! You're another maker I have discovered via the blog hop which is great. Good luck with your creative adventures! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby no.2 , it helps trying to keep my mind on creative things the last couple of weeks can go so slow.......

      Delete
  2. As a mum of 3 I think you're going to do really well with your products! You're another maker I have discovered via the blog hop which is great. Good luck with your creative adventures! x

    ReplyDelete